A slice of silence.

An unfailing ability to fall in love with all the assholes. Who is nothing without music, dance, words, a voice, and the ability to be swallowed in a crowd and never be found.

Justin Nozuka

Justin Nozuka
A man who never fails to make me study, help me sleep, and completely and utterly make my day. <3

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Long live the mid2000s.

'Well, I can’t really speculate other than what he said to me, which was, he wasn’t at all happy about it, success to him seemed like, I think, a brick wall. There was nowhere else to go but down, it was too artificial for him, and he wasn’t an artificial person at all. He was actually, two weeks after he died, he was supposed to come here and he wanted to record a bunch of Leadbelly covers. It was kind of in secret, because, I mean, people would definitely not allow him to do that. You also have to wonder, he was a billion-dollar industry at the time, and if the industry had any idea at all of him wishing or wanting to get out, they couldn’t have allowed that, you know, in life, because if he was just to get out of the scene, he’d be totally forgotten, but if he was to die, he’d be immortalized.' Regards on Kurt Cobains suicide.

I miss Nirvana. I miss Kurt Cobain. I miss Fall Out Boy, Good Charlottle, Simple Plan, Yellow Card, Coldplay, Linkin Park, Radiohead, Faber Drive, Foo Fighters, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and so many more pop-punk bands.

All you have here, now, is silly repetitive lyrics sung by people who are barely worth the title 'artists'. What happened to the crazy mosh pit rock out concerts that people use to crave for? What happened to the screamos and the whole wild orchestra of screaming people who yelled for ACDC the moment he stepped on stage?

There's no longer anymore 'good' music. Mariah Carey evolved from a pitch perfect singing goddess, and reduced to shreds with her stupid R&B songs like 'Touch My Body'. Even Linkin Park is coming out with shitty songs that sound like Ol' Skool failed rockbands.

Music has always been a big part of my life, especially when it comes to dancing. Sure there are amazing R&B artists like Neyo, Usher, Beyonce. But what happened to just punk rock?

The only few music I listen to are now Corinne Bailey Rae, John Legend, Michael Buble, Duffy, Adele, Coldplay, 30STM, Paramore, Gavin DeGraw, John Mayer.

I don't know what this world is becoming, but I sure hate the music we have now. Like the world, music now is only going to spiral downwards. Call me backdated but I sure as hell won't listen to shit like the Jonas Brothers and Mariah Carey and Miley Cyrus and her stupid brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment